I had the pleasure of working with a new client who has some phenomenal dashboards built in Tableau. But the users do not want use these beauties. Why?
As an aviation geek and armchair pilot, I wanted to have some fun with Tableau Public and my X-Plane Logbooks. Where have I flown the virtual skies in 2017? The answer isn’t too shocking, but there are some interesting patterns. Check out the image below and then head over to the live workbook.
- 90.7 flight hours with 73% flown in X-Plane 11
- 57 unique aircraft flown across 178 flights
- Top aircraft flown include the VSkyLabs Douglas DC-3, Carenado B200 XP11, and FlyJSim 727Adv (version 1 for xp10)
- Most flights occurred during the day
- KPAE and KBFI were the most flown airport pairs
Where will 2018 take me? Not sure. Perhaps getting out of the western US would be a start. Maybe even a few international flights are in order.
And, if you need some help with visualizing your data, check out my Tableau page at Spiral Analytics.