As a Founder of a new start-up, I am faced with creating a business for the 21st Century. For the last 100 years, businesses have evolved with technology (Salesforce). Those that have not, get hacked away until they tumble (Borders).
So, as I launch my own LLC, I must take note of what will carry my company through to the 22nd century. Here are some ideas:
- Customer Centric – the product is all about helping the customer solve a challenge long before they even knew they were challenged. The product responds to the customer.
- Data belongs to the customer – Unlike some social media sites that consume data and resell it, I firmly believe that the owner of the data is the individual that inputs it. By delivering totally custom access to their data where and when they want it, I will empower my customer.
- Social – Everyone and everything must be connected in some way. Allow the customer to create public and private groups and interact in real time however they choose.
- Ease of use – Make it just so simple to use, they have no other choice.
- Consumer to Business Communication – Make it darn easy for customers to submit feedback and interact with employees. From surveys to conferences, leverage every opportunity to be in contact with not just customers, but consumers in general.
These are just some of things that a 21st century business MUST DO. As a customer or a business owner, what other things should successful businesses do?