Sleeping is great thing as it gives your body to recover from the day’s activities.
Unfortunately, there are times when you are too stressed out, too tired, or just plain don’t have to sleep.
So what do you do when you can’t sleep? Here are a few options:
1) Read a book
2) Work on an outstanding project for work (work ahead)
4) Write! A note, a journal entry, or a quick short story by hand with pencil and paper.
5) Clean something
7) Have sex (seriously good workout, burns calories and help you both rest easier!)
There are a few things that you shouldn’t do, particularly if you want to fall asleep eventually:
1) Don’t Watch TV (triggers brain activity, makes it hard to relax)
2) Don’t Go for a walk (especially if you have neighborhood watch, the neighbors might think you are a burgular!)
3) Don’t Surf the internet (like TV, staring at the computer triggers sleep reducing brain activity)
4) Don’t Use power tools. (might wake up the neighbors, not to mention the other half)
5) Don’t eat, particulary processed foods (eating late at night will make you obese in no time!)
So, there you have some do’s and don’ts for when you can’t sleep. If you have anything else to add to either of these two lists, please leave a comment!