Motorola Droid Update Available, Android 2.01 on Verizon
Chris Leckness on
Dec 07, 2009
Verizon has made an update available for the Motorola Droid. This puts the Droid on Android 2.01. The instructions on how to go about updating your Droid can be found here.
The following enhancements to the Droid by Motorola have been made:
- OS stability is improved.
- Battery life is improved.
- Camera auto focus functionality is improved, and time between
shots is reduced.
- Enhancements for three-way calling.
- Audio for incoming calls is improved.
- When receiving a call on call waiting, the speakerphone now
- Bluetooth® functionality is improved; background echo is eliminated.
- Improved Bluetooth phone book transfer of contacts to in-vehicle
- After closing a GPS application, the GPS icon will now automatically
be removed from the notification panel.
- Users can now receive SMS and MMS messages after an EMS
message is received.
- SMS and MMS may now be sent to seven-digit addresses.
- Google contact merging has been updated to accommodate
- Visual Voice Mail notices now arrive instantaneously.
- The corporate calendar widget user interface is updated.
http://bit.ly/5OvWV3” title=”Post to Twitter” target=”_blank”>
Chris Leckness is the Owner/Administrator of Mobilitysite. He is a Microsoft MVP, Mobile Devices and a member of the exclusive focus group, Mobius. Chris has been a big time supporter/user of Windows Mobile since the Dell Axim days when it was Pocket PC 2002. Chris loves Zune, but also owns 3 iPhones too. His personal blog is chris.leckness.com.
SHARE THIS POST:
Verizon Motorola Droid caught on eBay More Motorola Droid – Verizon Releases Demo Video + GSM Moto Droid, Our New Gadget Overlord? BGR Previews the Motorola Droid – Looks nice! Droid Comes Through in the Nick of Time!
Yeah! Android 2.01 is here for the Droid.